"Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten." Welcome to my new and improved blog journaling my trip to Jerusalem for graduate school. Enjoy and read on!

Thursday, May 10, 2007

I look out my window and what do I see...

I remember a few years ago, I saw a movie where as the character was passing into a "nether realm" she saw a dove bathed in white light, I guess symbolizing something. This morning, I had one of those moments. But instead of a dove bathed in white light, I had a pigeon.

I woke up and headed over to the window to check what the weather was going to be like. Unfortunately, I only have half a window screen and I always assumed that my window curtain could act as a screen for the half of the window not covered by a screen. I pulled back the curtain and I feel the flapping of wings and cawing in my face. I'm screaming bloody murder as I run backwards heading to unlock the door. I run downstairs to our maintenance man, sans bra and shoes.
Shayna: SALAAAAAAH!!!!! Zeh ohf b'cheder sheli!!!! (There's a chicken in my room!!!)
Salah: Zeh ohf?
Shayna: miming a bird I don't know!!!! Bird! Cheep cheep!
Salah: Oh...zeh tzipur (bird)!
Shayna: L'azor li! Maher! (Help me! Quick!).

Salah and I run upstairs to try and find the bird flying crazily around my room. He keeps trying to catch it, while I am hiding in a corner. Finally, he swings a broom at it and it flies out of the room. Needless to say, I'm crying (I don't do nature unless it is on Animal Planet or behind a cage). Salah leaves as quickly as he came in. The bird of course left a present. On my pillow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home